View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #466
lobotomy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
It puzzles me as to why the campaign still isn't picking up. I know the DFA campaign was an anomaly, but if you even compare it to the LSL campaign (which is about a remake of a remake of a dated game), this one is seriously underperforming.
I'm not sure analysis is really helpful at this stage, but here goes.

I think there are a couple of unfortunate factors that coincided to make this kickstarter struggle out of the gate:

1) Leisure Suit Larry had already been announced earlier that week. Running LSL and Pinkerton kickstarters at the same time means that they are, to some extent, competing with each other for both dollars and media "mindshare." (They both primarily appeal to fans of old Sierra adventures, a group of people that is not enormous, to put it mildly.)

2) On top of that, the Shadowrun kickstarter launched on the same day (or shortly after?) as well. Between LSL and Shadowrun, a lot of the kickstarter oxygen got sucked out of the room before people even saw Pinkerton.

The more people that you start with, the more potential friends and friends-of-friends you can reach over the next few weeks, etc. Since hers started small, it will probably never hit the momentum of many of the others. Still, we seem to have maintained a good pace this week. If we keep averaging $5k a day, we should be fine. Keep spreading the word!