View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #463
TalC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I agree with this and most of what nm8#2 has said. Many people seem to take offense from his passionate posts but as he said it is not aimed for people who are not interested on the project or capable of pledging.

I am not as angry as nm8#2 as I've already gotten used to how disappointing people can be. I also noticed this "nothing is enough" air with this project. Something isn't perfect but Jane instantly comes forward and explains it, fixes it and yet people just find something else to bitch about. Overall she's handling things very well and I agree that changing the vote earlier was a good idea. Hopefully we get more pledges when the game title is confirmed.

But like said before, a "crusade" (I am not really saying nm8#2 is on one, just lacking a better word now) doesn't turn their heads - but he has every right to vent his frustration about this.

Personally I welcome anything from Jane, I never thought this project would be Gabriel Knight 4 and honestly I don't even want it to be now. I want these three projects as I trust Jane wants to do them and will do them brilliantly. And then if she gets the rights to GK I will be extremely happy to get GK4 too.
QFT. Couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Just wanted to add that all three concepts intrigue me. GM2 seems to be a continuation of the first, something that was not a feature of the GK series as each installment provided a totally different mystery, so the cases were pretty isolated from each other. But they were all awesome and involved Gabe and Grace, of course. It would be interesting to see how Jane develops the story of the first GM, this time hopefully without production holes.

Can't say much about the other two, but like many have said Moebius screams GK (which is needless to add a great thing), and I love the concept picture.

Anglophile Adventure (a temporary title I assume) just seems different, and for some reason gives off the vibe of something in the vein of KQ6/Freddy Pharkas/Conquests of the Longbow all put together - in short, a synthesis of classic Sierra.

Last edited by TalC2; 04-11-2012 at 07:34 AM.