View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
MoonBird
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
You're tough on yourself. It would never occur to me that I should have understood some of the mind-numbing puzzles in Riven or RHEM or even Discworld before many hours of note-taking, brainstorming and trial-and-erroring.
If I want to test my brain capacity, I play puzzle games. If I feel adventurous, I play adventure games. Simple as that.

That is to say that difficult, unskippable puzzles can kill the game for me. When I want to adventure, it's all about solving the mystery and focusing to the story. From time to time I hear complaining about too easy puzzles in adventures or whining about mundane tasks. That doesn't bother me one bit. But when I have to crack some freaking slider puzzle or arrange the order of some stupid balls in the stone disc, it really irritates me, not to mention anything involving chess!!! Mathematics aren't my strongest point and when I feel adventurous, I want to explore, solve the case and talk with people. It does not include a will to understand alien objects and frustrating number- or calculating-infested business.

Last edited by MoonBird; 04-11-2012 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling error