View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
lewuz
cookie monster

You riddle me, Advie.
1st - I trust review more than man from street. Reviewer usually has competence to rate a game, s/he has enough experience, knowledge etc to be just. Teenager my jump in the air and scream "COD FTW, best game EVER" without having exp with other games. Its hard to trust such rating without knowing raters background.
Of course there is subjective liking. U say that u have enjoyed games with bad reviews? I bet we all have experienced that. At the same time u agree with some good reviews, while others dont. I have written good reviews for games which have got bad reviews from elsewhere and other way around. Liking is subjective and this brings us to...
2nd point - you are asking more hype for To the Moon, after all it already got? Man, if this gaming world shockwave didn't convince you, then it may not be your cup of tea. Im not sure asking others to hype it is right way to go. We shouldn't convince u to like it, attraction should come by itself. Don't force yourself to try it as u see more negative aspects that way. One day if u reconsider just without reason, try it then.

Eg I have no interest for Gabriel Knight series, Tex Murphy series, Black Mirror series, even old Sierra titles. Many of them are very highly respected as u know. But I just feel that certain gameplay elements, horror etc do not attract me. I dont say i never try those, i might start feel some pull at some point, but not right now.

Imo TTM is good, i think i gave it 4 out of 5.