View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Martin Gantefoehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien
No, I don't agree. It is crowd funding, a category of its own, with the same high risks but without the potentially high financial returns of venture capital.
For most backers, the risk on a kickstarter project is a couple of dollars. If they get an awesome game for that -- a game that otherwise wouldn't be possible at all -- that's a quite high return of investment.

But I actually don't want to discuss semantics, or even argue with you. (Please don't get me wrong there). All I am saying is: kickstarter game projects are game development projects. Some will turn out awesome, many will see a release but turn out mediocre, and some will fail entirely or be abandoned. It's the usual spread.

I find it unfair to insinuate that all poeple behind failed, postponed or otherwise troubled projects are scammers. I can understand your anger. But the way kickstarter works, a certain percentage of disappointments will be just inevitable.

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 04-08-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Where's my English today?