View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
heather

Default Hey all

Hi guys,

Emily let me know this post was here.

I have been meaning to post an update for awhile. I'm thankful for jaap for asking after me and thus getting my head together to do the update.

If you were a backer, you'll get that soon. But in the meantime I will tell you what happened. I am still working on the game. The money I received from Kickstarter allowed me to focus on just working on the game for almost three beautiful months. But I had to go back to freelancing, which took a lot of time and then when that wasn't panning out financially I decided to go back to school. I'm currently finishing my MFA and working on getting a teaching job. I also recently had a baby. Before You Close Your Eyes is on my mind constantly, but carving out the time to work on it in the last several months has been nigh impossible.

I find the position hurtful that I would "take the money and run", but I can't say I don't understand where that's coming from. FYI though, I don't have time to hang out in bars and have beers. Making games is hard. Making independent games while trying to have a family and finding a way to support them is brutal.

The game is about 80% content complete, and it will get done. I'm just not in a position right now to say when.

Thanks for believing in me and please don't give up yet!
Heather