View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #301
subbi

The problem is two-fold, plain and simple:

Firstly:
Most people will pledge for the lowest level teer (16 bucks). It's completely unclear what you can expect with this level. What we know is that you'll get one game from this season. But you don't know which one, because we don't know how many games can/will be made.....at least that is the impression you get from the proposition. So maybe I'm interested in Moebius, but if the pledge level remains to an extend only one game can be made, I might end up with GM 2 (if it gets more votes). So I'm effectively paying for a game I don't want.
She has to make clear if you can save up your "pledge amount" and use it when the game get's released that you actually want, even beyond one season. Then I think more people will get interested.

Secondly, unfortunately a no-brainer:
If she would have branded the whole thing much more closely with gabriel Knight, than it would have gotten a lot more attention, as already mentioned earlier. Larry Laffer and King's Quest might be "bigger" names, but Gabriel Knight is the most "solid" name from the Sierra catalogue, meaning that each person who has fond memories from those games will most lilkely jump on the KS train.
I can't help thinking that if she would have proposed a certain amount to secure the rights of Gabriel Knight for a sequel (even if she needs 2 million or so), we would already be at 1 million by now......