View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #190
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I can't see it happening that they promise a game and then "whoops, overdue - pay up more for the next cycle, maybe then!" The people doing this are fair people (unless Jane has been running the most elaborate and long-running ponzi-scheme of all times! ). If there's a delay or something, you'll still get what you payed for.

Am I right, fovsie?
Yes. The campaign is raising money to fund specific games, and backers are guaranteed to get those games. She's not going to take the money and run.

Also, to the point about people not wanting to help fund a game you don't know anything about - that's totally understandable. I found it interesting when Double Fine's Kickstarter went up that Tim said *nothing* about the game he planned to make, other than that it would be a "traditional adventure" -- clearly a lot of people didn't have a problem with that, but it was a gutsy move to ask for money for

In the same vein, there are some people (myself included) who love Jane's work so much it doesn't really matter what the game's about... a traditional "Jane Jensen adventure game" is enough. For others, more details about the games themselves are needed... and that's totally fine (and part of the beauty of Kickstarter, really -- you can follow your gut feeling on the projects that "speak" to you).

Luckily, more details about these games will be revealed before the campaign ends, which will hopefully help people who are on the fence decide if it's really for them or not.