View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #170
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
I love Gothic fiction. GK was gothic fiction... what I dislike is overly romantic, overly sentimental, female perspective Gothic Fiction, as I suspect most men do. :wink:

You see, Gray Matter was good but it nearly reached critical mass on teenage angst, sad songs and tormented and scarred male geniuses who frequently pose naked in shower scenes. The Black Mirror series were the only adventure games I enjoyed more than GM in the past decade or so and it was certainly Gothic.

"Anglophile" sounds like a full-blown girly game. If I understand correctly you play a female lead that screws around Brittish high-society... not my thing.
To me Gray Matter was more of a homage to Jane Eyre, not so much about teenage angst, but each to their own. I never was into half naked boy bands myself at least and I could snicker a bit to the overly dramatic Dr. Styles. Still I loved him like pretty much everything else in the game. Not everything has to be so serious.

You don't have to like the stuff but don't say that only females do .