View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #53
UPtimist
Life and times of...

The current owner, if they even know they own the rights (they were in Sierra, and that (and the companies that bought it) have been sold over and over again so that the rights are buried deeeeep), is a massive gaming corporation (I don't know which one, Activision or something). They don't care that they don't do anything with the rights. It's also going to take a pretty big offer that the sum they recieve makes a difference for them (and so that they'd care). In the meanwhile, they have a right that theoretically could make money, but at least it's not making money for someone else (which would only be acceptable if they also got a big share from that). I mean, there have been inquiries about movies a few times, but they've never done anything (Jane has said that she has passed such requests along).

And there's even the smaller theoretical chance that one day they might do something about it in the future, so they don't want to give up the theoretical chance of making money off it. But I really wouldn't be surprised if the powers-that-be about GK rights had no idea they had such rights or that they've never heard of such a thing as GK.

So, yeah, I don't find it underwhelming to settle for GM when there honestly never was a chance for GK4 in the first place... Unfortunately, but that's business for you.

300k sounds like very little, I have to say... I wonder how big a budget Gray Matter had. It'd be odd if suddenly the second part like all 2D or something...

The first game does sound interesting, but it's hard to go by with such little information. I hope they end up doing all of them.

Last edited by UPtimist; 04-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.