View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #26
jhetfield21

i did kinda agree with Kurufinwe on this but i'm having second thoughts.
i think that whoever wants to give money after the game is completed to buy it is still important but for those who want to support in order for a game they want to be made and published is also important.what i feared was a situation where every developer out there joins in and asks for money up front in order to make a game.i don't know it sounds bad in some ways.maybe i shouldn't think of it that way but that's what first came to my mind.anyways i support the first sentence of the paragraph more now so...

but there's still something about this kickstarter fad that may prove good.correct me if i'm wrong but there's been a problem with funding projects and difficult decisions are made in projects simply because a publisher has a problem with something in the game.also the whole genre seems to be losing ground in the publisher area.maybe kickstarter will prove them wrong.maybe it will change the publishers' and the financial backers' idea about adventure gaming.that there's still enough people out there giving their support and that they should give it a second thought in supporting developers in new projects.

i don't know maybe i'm naive but DFA should be a fine example for a publisher to be impressed.