View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
Banter

I am so excited with this. Here's hoping it involves kickstarter and here's hoping she's got her hands on the GK intellectual property again. It is by no means as far fetched as some people in this thread have implied.

The 4th GK has not been developed because the suits think there is no market for such a game and because they are unwilling to fund the game. A successfull kickstarter would prove them wrong on both counts and I can see how Jane could have easily reached an agreement with whoever owns the rights now. Money solves everything. Hell, just the thought of money solves everything.

Remember: We know for sure that Activision/Bliizard/Whatever still holds onto the old sierra ips(see the silver lining nagging they pulled over the KQ property) and if I'm not mistaken Telltale has the license to develop some such games now. They must be quite aware of the interest that there is on such franchises.

Plus, there has been a lot of media attention concerning the success of doublefine's kickstarter. And also the fact that Monkey island special editions were top sellers. Trust me, some of them suits must be aware they own potential untapped goldmines. GK doesn't have the popularity of the lucasarts games, but is a real cult classic loved by millions.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the announcement concerns GK4. I would be thrilled if it involves kickstarter. It puts the funding of the game on the hands of the fanbase, and that in my mind assures that the game would be made. I would open my wallet far and wide for it.