View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #416
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

New one:

Quote:
Let me get to the BUT first: This game was originally released in <*year deleted*>. That means it will run under Windows 95 or DOS ONLY. You can play it on a new machine, but only if you have a program like DOSbox or the like to simulate DOS.

That being said, it's worth whatever you have to go through to get <*title with a wrong word*> to run on your machine. They didn't make them any better than this, and I hardly have the words to tell you about it. Acting and directing are professional and first-rate, graphics are stunning, writing is brilliant, puzzles are intelligent, interface is intuitive, music is staggering -- I could go on and on.

The game is looooong (several days, even the second time through) and also has great replayability. You can play so <*main character's name*>, the main character, is a nice guy in a rotten world, or you can play it so he's a cynical crumb, with completely different scenes and interactions depending which path you take. There are a total of about eight different endings possible. There's also an easier puzzle level available, plus there are in-game hints (for a point price).

I play this game over and over (though I admit, partly that's because I have a huge crush on <*main character's name*> -- what can I say, I love tall gorgeous men with self-deprecating humor). I may have to buy it just to replace my worn-out CDs.