Thread: Alan Wake to PC
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #69
terhardp

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here; I'm involved in lot of new music projects right now, so I had to slow down my gaming schedule significantly (which isn't very hard, as the new titles that interest me still hadn't came out).

BTTT. Ever since I've heard of Alan Wake, I was dissapointed when it seemed there won't be a PC version of it, so I was thrilled when they've announced otherwise. Two weeks ago, I've got it and start playing it, but I've quit. Although, I've seen several things crucial to a good game in my book - setting, atmosphere, characters and seemingly interesting premise, it was the gameplay that had turned me down. Maybe the game mechanics the most, as the awkward camera behavior (for me, at least) even made me dizzy (something that even Portal games couldn't do - well, most of the time). Plus, what I've seen of the gameplay was simply boring and uninspiring for me. I know that I've shouldn't judge the game I've barely touched, but I've got a nasty feeling that the whole game is like that. But of course, never say never. Maybe I will finish it someday.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III