View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
millenia
She Wants Revenge

I'm not sure if I prefer Dreamfall over TLJ but I wouldn't go and say that it's in any way worse. The games are a bit different though so I can't really compare them properly. Dreamfall was very playable after some fiddling with the controls and the action and sneaking sequences were not hard. In any case I would definitely say Dreamfall's strongest point is indeed the moving story, not any technical issues if that's what some people were hinting at.

All the Gabriel Knights are great and basically people complaining one of them being worse than the others usually have a very subjective take on some rather unessential part. Disliking 3D, disliking the actor, etc. Which is all fine but doesn't really mean the game would be bad. Whereas pretty much everyone agrees that Still Life 2 clearly is worse than the original. (I don't think Post Mortem is really worse, at least not by much.)

Personally I have nothing against any sequel. I don't really get the people thinking a mediocre or bad sequel "ruins the experience". I certainly would prefer an excellent sequel but decent one is still another decent game and doesn't make the earlier parts any less good. I really disliked that Still Life 2 but I can enjoy PM and SL1 just fine, I even tend to forget the bad sequel altogether.