View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #7872
Hammerite
kamikaze hummingbirds

Hello Bleurgh,

Just posting here as I really feel the need, after another fit of health-related panicking, to put my thoughts in words and feel better knowing someone's paying attention.

I need to stop looking on the Internet whenever something is slightly wrong: I noticed a bit of blood in my ear tonight.

The basic assumption was I'd scratched my ear, and accidentally made a little cut which started to bleed (my fingernails do need cutting, my ear tends to itch quite often, I could feel where specifically in the ear the bleeding was coming from)... but, of course, a bit of trawling around the Internet for bleeding ear...

A lot of reassurance! Probably just scratched too hard! Huzzah!
... but then I see it...
... One mention - in a comment - of someone having had a brain haemorrage. This was an anecdote about somebody finding blood in their ear and having a headache and realising that was the cause of it.

I've spent the last half an hour calming myself down. This is the last stage of that process, and I'm still slightly on edge.

Thanks for reading, though I don't mind if you didn't because this is literally just me writing stuff down to tell myself to make sense of everything.

-- Hammerite

p.s. If I was having a fucking brain haemorrage, I wouldn't be so articulate right here now, would I?

Goodnight!