View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #73
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Ha! I know another one! Thanks to your hints It's #2, a show they did show here when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it much...
Spoiler:
Johnny Quest
Technically it's The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. It was a reboot of the 80s series Jonny Quest but then again when I was a kid I just called it Jonny Quest. The rest of the title probably escaped me plus my English wasn't really all that great at that age. I'd just managed to read subtitles in Dutch. English was a whole other matter. Anyway I love this show. It was my favorite show when I was a kid. I recently watched it again. It wasn't just great back then it really is an awesome series and definitely not outdated. Though the quality did drop considerably after season 1 so it's probably for the best it was cancelled after two seasons.

Quote:
There's something slightly familiar about #3, but I think it probably reminds me of something else...
I do think so yes. #3 is very obscure. It's a scandinavian crime drama series and the theme I posted was only the main theme for the first two episodes.

Quote:
(Edit): Heh, another hint saved me, an intro I saw once - #8:
Spoiler:
John Adams
That's correct! It's my favorite miniseries. The quality of the writing and acting is just astonishing. As well as the production design and well just about everything else. I highly encourage you to watch it. If only to see Stannis before he was Stannis.

Quote:
I think that if no one has an idea, it's quite fine indeed to Youtube/Google them
Absolutely. And in some cases that might be needed such as with #3(probably). I'd much rather have someone find it through google than me having to just tell you what it was.

(00.00) 1. The Big Bang Theory (TimovieMan)
(00.22) 2. The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (UPtimist)
(01.23) 3.
(02.21) 4.
(02.51) 5. Alias (UPtimist)
(03.15) 6.
(03.45) 7. The Adventures of Tintin (TimovieMan)
(04.46) 8. John Adams (UPtimist)
(05.40) 9. Wycliffe (UPtimist)
(06.13) 10. House M.D. (SweetDalilah)
(06.42) 11.
(07.13) 12.

More hints

3. Scandinavian crime drama series. Though not very well known they did release the complete series on DVD internationally.
4. Anerican crime drama series. Very serious and very dark, especially for a network show. Probably why they cancelled it after just one season
6. Very long running extremely popular British sci fi series. (that oughta got some bells tinkling)
11. Long running British crime drama series
12. Canadian medical sci fi series. Had a very realistic approach. Was a big hit in Canada and has been aired in quite a few countries though not very widely known.