View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
I just have finished Moment of Silence for the 1st time(what A GEM!!) ,then i tried to play Simon5..and i just turned it of at once, Tale of a Hero and turned it of just the same ... i thought what would be wrong with me?! and that didn't need much thinking actually, i knew that i just i had gone much far into Peter Wright ,and the atmosphere with the story all the same;
was like eating a great meal without knowing how great it is, and then i can not have any taste for most or maybe all the food you been eating before.
Oh that feeling after a great adventure game! Even if it leaves you feeling empty, wanting more but fearing there never ever will be such a game again, it still is the reason why I got so hooked on adventure games. I had my first such experiences with the Myst games.
The games I would recommend you are mostly games you mentioned in your initial post: The Longest Journey, Gemini Rue, Sanitarium.
Have you played the Syberia games. It's a unique story, very gripping imho.

But I've also had wonderful feelings after having played less emotional games: Machinarium was unique and truly amazing. And Still Life with all its 'grittyness' got my full attention although some of the puzzles almost made me rip my hair out.