View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
diego

While "serious" and "emotional" often goes together, there're also games which are more "serious" and less "emotional" and vice versa.

Seriousness can be achieved with horror theme, mystery, psychological thriller... which doesn't have to dwelve too much with emotions. "Emotions", on the other hand, can be also achieved even with humor. After all, laugh is just another emotion.

But, the first thing those terms remind me of is - well written and memorable characters. If characters are convincing, than it's easy to further come up with emotions. I see Broken Sword as a "serious" mystery, even though the humor is spicing the things up. And Phantasmagoria is "serious" in it's horror story.

But what you're looking now, under the impression of Moment of Silence, is probably game with "deeper" message, meaning, philosophical, critics of the society and mankind... Perhaps you can try I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, Faust, Sanitarium or Shadow of Destiny

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!