View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #757
marvio
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Marvio, m'man, I know it's rough. The thing is, I've passed the 40 year mark, and for me, that was the big Niagara Falls or Bust milestone. I'm beyond fear of failure, now. I just want to get it out the door now, warts and all. If people like it, good. If not, well, maybe they'll like the next one. I'll perfect the tracks to the best of my ability before I release the album in the summer, but I'm not going to sit on them the way I used to, never sharing anything with anyone. I find the sharing rough mixes part makes me work on them harder and longer to get them done. And besides, I kind of like it, even though the mix is still a bit too muddy and you can still hear the bum notes and dropped phrases. It'll get there in the end.

And Guthrie Govan is a god amongst men. He's playing with Marco Minneman these days, which is pretty cool in itself. If only I had access to musicians of that calibre...
Is all good dude! No worries, I get what you're saying
I hope you didn't take it as a dig on you, but I really go by the golden rule:"Do onto others as you do it to yourself" (although I'm not religious at all) and I'm not only my own worst critic, but I really wish people would tell me straight up what they think of something I present.
Maybe it's my art school background, you have to develop a thick skin, nahh, not even that, you just learn to take (constructive) criticism for what it is, people trying to make whatever it is you're presenting, better.

And here's the offer....

I'm not Mr. Govan, not by a light year, but if you'd like I could record the guitar parts for you, I need some kind of project anyhow!