View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Intense Degree shuffles forward looking more than a little tired, nervous and overweight. For some reason he seems to be referring to himself in the third person.

He nods approval at Timovieman's sound reasoning with regard to the answer "Commandments" which seems to answer all aspects of the riddle so exactly, despite the arching of Ocean's eyebrow and her protestations otherwise. Of course, Decalogue is another term for the 10 commandments which has only 9 letters, but that is realistically the same answer.

Noting the reference to things right in front of us there are treasures, mysteries, exhibits, people, puzzles, some of which have 9 letters but none of which seem to answer the riddle.

The only "famous 9's" that spring immediately to mind are circles of heaven or hell according to that Dante chap, and for 10's; numerical characters in the decimal system and the aforementioned commandments of God to his people, Israel.

Intense Degree is stumped and begins to return to the pavillion with bat under his arm.