View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #2144
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but in case you're not, the reason is that the 5th case was added specifically for the DS version and introduced a few new things that were not present (or possible) with the original GBA game, including manipulating items.

Another thing that I remember felt jarring when first playing that case is that it requires you to present items to characters to get new conversation topics, which is something that you almost never did in the first four cases. That was not a technical innovation, just a gameplay mechanics that was used a lot in the second and especially third game, and that they used when making the new fifth case, even though players almost never had to use it in the first 4 cases of that game.
No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely wanted to know. But thanks for clearing it up. I was aware that it was a remake of the Game Boy Advance version, but I didn't know the fifth case was a bonus with additional gameplay mechanics. Well, I'm glad it's used in the sequels because I like thoroughly examining items and bringing them up in conversation. But your right, it does feel jarring when you didn't do anything like that in the previous cases.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour