View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #22
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Adventures
Action/Adventures
FPS
Platformers

They're the main genres I'm interested in. It also depends on the gameplay mechanics, the story (or lack of) and characters, themes, and any sub-genres that may be mixed in. For instance: I love a good FPS or Action game when a good story is involved, which deals with mature themes (BioShock, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption), and the game's sub-genre(s) are either horror/survival horror, crime drama, fantasy, mystery, puzzle solving/investigating, or a character's own personal journey of self discovery...

I can't say I'm into RPGs though, I'm afraid. It's strange considering how much of a geek I am. But I just can't get into them. There are a handful of games I do like that have RPG elements though, but not many. But if I had to choose between a Western or an Eastern RPG, it would probably be the latter.

And here's someone else who's not into Strategy games either. The only one I enjoyed playing years ago was The Settlers III.

And a big no-no to sports, racing and fighting games too.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour