View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #18
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyhog View Post
It's Just Me Then.....
Nah, it's not just you - I remember having to download a save game too for Still Life I believe.

The same thing happened with Nibiru:Age of Secrets. That really annoying coloured ball puzzle where you had to move different circles to line up all the colours correctly
What makes it so bad was that there were maybe 4 or 5 circles you had to complete in order to get the correct display of coloured balls, and you didnt know until the end if you had made a mistake somewhere along the way.
I looked at a walkthrough first and spent 15 minutes writing down word for word what was supposed to be the correct sequence - only to find out that something had gone wrong and I had to start again. So - I checked another walkthrough and did the same thing, only to get another error.

Eventually I resorted to a save game, but it's annoying that it had to resort to that in the first place.

I remember playing Monkey Island back in the day (on the Amiga I think), and while those puzzles were totally illogical, after a bit of guessing and playing around with the inventory, you could usually get the right result