View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #27
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
Ah yes, I've actually been thinking about playing that game before, but had forgotten about it until you brought it up now! Now, excuse my constant use of Wikipedia(hehe), but it seems Omikron 2 was put on hold for the developers to work on Heavy Rain. Well, Heavy Rain's been out for some time now - perhaps they're working on it again? One can always hope.
Of course, I'd forgotten about that.
Did you ever play the other Quantic Dream game, Indigo Prophecy(Fahrenheit)?
An adventure game with promise about the hunt for a serial killer but let down, I believe by the overuse of QT events. Even during conversations, you had a limited time to select the reply option you wanted. I really dont like that aspect of gameplay, especially in an adventure game, where you want to read all the options available to you and think about them before you make a choice.
Again, it was an enjoyable game but it could have been so much better if they had just given you more time to make your decisions.
I guess the devs were hoping that if we missed out on a conversation option, then we would go back and replay to see a different ending.
I for one, play adventure games for their story, so one playthrough is enough for me.

Saying that, I have played the GK games, TLJ and Grim Fandango numerous times - but they are special games in a class of their own