View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #21
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
No, your character never says anything, but it's more uncommon that they do than the opposite. Especially in games where you're not playing a specific character. Also, NPCs outside the nexus are also voice acted. And you've got side quests and your actions affect the world. The game uses a system it calls "World Tendency", and one called "Character Tendency". These are basically measurement systems for how much good or evil you've done in each area, and how good or evil you are. The areas, enemies and NPCs change accordingly, which can make a second play through completely different from the first. Also, you can open up new areas and passages using levers, keys, etc. I'd say you're able to affect the game world at least as much in DS as in NWN. .
Ok, now I feel I want to try it again. Not sure what it was before. Maybe because it all felt so lonely, just running around and none of the usual towns/cities to go to and interact with. You do realise that if I restart, I'll be constantly bugging you for help

Quote:
Ah, I've actually played through it a couple of times. It's a fun game, but it really didn't reach up there with BG and PT for me - I thought the story was a bit dull in comparison. I really enjoyed the expansions more than the main game, actually. Hehe! Also, got to love Deekin!

Quote:
Definitely disappointing, in two ways for my part: The worlds, which were so full of life and fantastic, were now gray and dull. And the other part was that it raised a lot of questions, and ended in a cliffhanger, leaving most of those questions unanswered. Without a sequel, it's kind of like playing Syberia I, and not Syberia II.
Yeah, after waiting for so long for Dreamfall, I really wanted it to live up to the hype. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.
Also, wasn't too impressed with the interface - I know games and gameplay h ave to grow and improve, but for me, the point&click interface of TLJ was just right. I don't think it needed to be changed

I just thought of another game I'm looking forward to - if it ever comes to fruition. Its the sequel to what I believe is a very underrated game from the mid 90s. Omikron:The Nomad Soul, published by Quantic Dream.
It was an adventure/action hybrid with a soundtrack by David Bowie. A great game where you had the ability to jump into other bodies in order to solve puzzles. I dont think the reviews were that great but I enjoyed it immensely.
I see on Gamespot that a sequel is in the pipeline, but there has been no information for qa long time now - maybe its been cancelled