Thread: Alan Wake to PC
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #48
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Remedy make action games and Alan Wake is no exception, so while I'm sure they will continue to offer some exploration and investigation elements, I think it's safe to say that this series will most likely become even more combat-oriented in the future. American Nightmare exists solely to cement the mythology of the Alan Wake universe so by the end of it, it seems pretty clear that what's coming ahead is probably going to be more of a hero-fighting-the-armies-of-darkness epic instead of just a novelist-trapped-in-limbo horror story. And I'm alright with that, Alan Wake isn't a mindless shooter like COD, I personally think there's a lot of finesse and grace to the combat and I think they will only continue to refine it in the future.
I don't know. I think Remedy went into making AN choosing a story to fit a combat oriented nature and not make a sequel to AW.

Its like saying all the DLC for Fallout New Vegas are representation of what the next DLC will be in the series. AN was a more combat oriented story. AW2 won't be.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/