View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
diego

Emily, thanx for the insight! I wasn't really suggesting at Telltale "selling out", it's just that the overall quality of games has somehow dropped with their last efforts.

I agree on the "vision" thing, and of course - people were complaining ALWAYS - Graphic adventures "watered down" text adventures, Hints and "Show all hotspots" watered down puzzles... But even if Telltale is sticking to the formula which helped them survive in the risky territory of adventure genre "post-golden years", that still doesn't explain why company on a rise produces slightly "more average" games compared to the previous titles. You know, i've heard people saying Sam&Max episodes are some of their favourite games ever, and somehow i doubt i'll hear that for JP, no matter how love, work... to satisfy players has been put into it.

Of course, i'm sure things will be slightly different with franchises like King's Quest, especially puzzle-wise, but as i said - i wish they can again come up with something where someone will say it's his/her fav game, and not just - well, it's ok.

Last edited by diego; 02-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.