View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #95
TopCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolzal View Post
This ignores the cult of celebrity. If it were Tony Warriner it would not have received as much of a response.

So it's more a case of "I want a game, BECAUSE it's made by Tim Schafer/Double Fine, and no other reason."

If you want hard data on the demand for this style of game, you only need to look at sales figures.

I too am bothered by the lack of any proof of concept or proposal, we have no idea what they intend to make, which I find really astounding. If they were seeking funding then surely they have a proposal or concept ready to go.

I also find it bizarre that they were only asking for $400,000. Surely if Tim Schafer came to The Adventure Company, Microids or Home Focus saying he wanted to make an adventure game on a $400k budget they'd jump at the chance.

With the inclusion of the documentary series, which they now plan to spend more money on, coupled with the lack of info on what they want to make, I can't help escape this is all a massive stunt.

Do they intend to reap all of the financial reward, when they carried none of the risk?

Charitable organisations wish they'd get this sort of response.
You can believe what you want mate... But the fact for the matter is, that there's demand for AG... TT's episodic games make a lot of money and most of them are AG... Tim and Ron are AG "superstars" so that's why ppl trusted them with their money...

Also... The Adventure Company is no more... They went bankrupt a while ago. All Microids is doing atm is porting their existing properties to the iOS devices... They don't have enough money to fund any games atm... Focus Home.. well... They're the SH games publisher, but that's about it... I would not trust them with another adventure game, because the SH games are almost entirely funded by Frogwares themselves.