View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #16
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
If a developer makes a game based on the factors which players consider when buying a game, they wont be getting my money. Not as a moral principle, but because I find developers always do better when their work comes from the heart, making the game how they want it rather than how their customers want it.
^ This.

Although, again, I'd consider that the 'originality'-factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
Graphics... and I mean the whole atmospheric scenery, not just the technical side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
graphics can also be well-aged, which shows their real value. Graphics visualize the environment and largely make the atmosphere, so it's not all about resolution or pixels, but about a visual atmosphere as well.
Atmospheric scenery is very much linked with what I consider 'originality'. Even moreso than 'graphics', imo.

A lot of these categories are ambiguous...