View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #79
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
the second time it was much easier to "catch" things, and i'm almost sure two stories will intersect each other later on?
That's what I said in the first place. Name:  tongueout.gif
Views: 163
Size:  698 Bytes However there aren't only two cases Name:  evilgrin.gif
Views: 162
Size:  959 Bytes:
Spoiler:
There's Mundy's case, which seemes to already be connected to the "mysterious murders" case police is investigating, there's find Therma case (which also migt be connected because of the Octarine parrot, and find the missing dwarf for the Count case.

Quote:
Count Überwald, on the other hand, is even pretty "stereotyped" great addition to "mystery".
Oh yes, he is the true example of all those rich people who think highly of themself, and think they need to know everything, and can do whatever they want. Name:  noble.gif
Views: 166
Size:  1.1 KB

Quote:
As for graphics, locations are indeed full of an atmosphere but 3D character models could have been slightly better, especially Lewton's, because i have a feeling some other minor characters are pretty good modeled.
Oh yes, that's the thing I didn't like either Name:  annoyed.gif
Views: 168
Size:  490 Bytes Ilsa's character could have been better too. As for Lewton, I actually like the way he looks, he has a bit of parody in his looks to all those Noir film PIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post

Even though I'm not posting my own thoughts/comments, I'm still very much following the playthrough and enjoying everyone else's. Glad the second part has now begun!
Dusty, I want to hear your comments about the game too. Don't make me say it again. Name:  tongueout.gif
Views: 163
Size:  698 Bytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post

If you like hilarious film noir parodies, don't miss Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid!
It's chock-full of classic film noir scenes incorporated in an original scenario.
Looks interesting. Name:  aplauz.gif
Views: 161
Size:  2.2 KB I will ckeck it out
Quote:
Some other nags would be with the interface, like cumbersome calling for inventory and note-book when using mouse by clicking on Lewton, but as i said F2 and F3 resolve that.
Quote:
I do the same thing as I did the first time around (call me sentimental ): if I want to go to the Inventory or the Notebook I simply double-click Lewton's ass (no smart remarks, please! ). As for navigating the notebook, I find clicking on notes (double-click on the titles for going to specific pages) much easier than using the keyboard.
I like clicking on Lewton too (to bring up notebook and inventory), rather than using F2 and F3. But I do however use HOME and END while navigating the notebook, it makes the things easier
Quote:
Change your gamma, quizmistress!

I did already increase the gamma a little bit (like in your picture) and the only trouble I've had so far in dark areas is
Spoiler:
finding the cabin on Milka
And I actually like the dark, moody atmosphere, increasing the gamma too much could ruin that.

I'm a gamemistress now too, zobraks
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough