View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #48
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

L.A Noire

Its got clumsy driving, clumsy shooting and clumsy interviewing mechanics but it just looks so fucking sexy, especially in black and white mode. I often had to stop driving just and lick the screen.

The performances are good and the facial features... I hope they don't abandon this as a one off, it was only let down by that awful 'truth, doubt, lie' shoe-horning. The actors did a great job making it obvious when they're concealing something leaving you to go lightman on them. 'Doubt' if you have no supportive evidence, 'Lie' if you do.

There where only the occasional Phoenix Wright moments when 'supportive' evidence seemed a total shot in the dark.

I really appreciated that they didn't pull too many punches when it came to the horrors of the crimes and the lack of truly happy endings.

There's an awful lot of filler in the game, but it all looks so damn good... if you don't rush the title and 'live it' instead, taking regular breaks rather than soldiering to the ending you'll enjoy it more. For your own sake switch it to black and white mode too.

Heres hoping something rises from the ashes of the developer, too much of this game was just delightful for me not to want more from them.

The Witcher 2,

Just because... it seemed to effortlessly stand head and shoulders above every other rpg released in the same year.

Honorable mention to Skyrim. The game gives you a lot to play with, oodles of content. I just wish it was more reactive than an actual kid's backyard sandbox. They could add 1000 more identical quests and the world would still feel glaringly empty.