View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #19
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Looks like I may have to dropout of the playthrough...

The game has suddenly started to act up and has become unplayable. The game always crashes with an error after a cutscene; mainly after
Spoiler:
the crate Lewton gets into lowers onto the Milka.
I've tried uninstalling the game and leaving the no-cd patch off, but now the game refuses to start up completely; with and without the patch, changing the 'compatilbility' doesn't make the slightest difference.

It's stange: I never had this issue with my old XP machine. The only other option for me is VirtualPC, but I'm not keen on using that for games as they run very choppy.

Damn...
I'm so sorry to hear that Dusty. On what Windows are you running the game? You see, what you might have tried is load the game again (using F1) and then change to windowed mode ( Alt + Enter) and whait for the cutscene to pass, and then change it back to fullscreen. But now, since you can't start the game at all I really have no idea how to help you If you are running the game on XP, be sure to look at this thread, you might find some solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
Like Dusty I just simply cannot get my copy of the game to work! It's a shame because it's bloody great! I'm on a Win 7 (64) machine with 8Gb (4Gx2 GSkill F3-12800RAM).
Oh, there is no way to run DN on Windows 7 properly. What you can do is download the no cd patch, and overwrite the file tin3_dxd in the game folder. Then right click on tin3_dxd and press run as administrator. Now the game crashed for me every time after the intro. So the only way it can work is the windowed mode (Alt + Enter) but you first need to change the color of the computer to 16 bit. Here is how.
Or you could try using VirtualPC, although I have no idea how that works. But what I would suggest is installing game on some older system like Windows XP, 2000 or 98.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
For those who can read Serbian (even proficiency in Montenegrin, Croatian, Bosnian, Pirotian or Vojvodinian wil do! ) here's how I managed to install & play DN (read on from the linked post). If you can't read the above languages, use Google Translate - it won't help you understand anything (well, almost anything) but you're sure going to laugh a lot and have fun in general.
Very funny zobraks, give people instructions in the language they can't understand
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough