View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
Mikekelly

Ghost Trick has sold over 280,000 copies worldwide. It actually sold quite well in the states although sales did drop off after week three in Japan.

There are many adventure games with sales well below 280,000 copies that are considered to be a major success. There is talk of a 2nd game on the 3DS.

999 For example had 220,000 units sold worldwide and a second game is being developed. Ace Attorney has had 3.6 million sales total spread across six games.

There was an adventure game on the WII that was a major disappointment in sales - that game sold only 21,000 copies. The game was not ported to any other systems and never saw a release in the United States.

Should Ghost Trick have had Prof Layton or Ace Attorney level of sales? Obviously Gamespot thought so - giving the game the "Best Game Nobody Ever Played" award.

Now that the game has won so many major awards like "Best Handheld Game of the Year" - I'm certain that "Ghost Trick" will have a very long shelf life and copies will continue to sell.

Ghost Trick still sells for full retail price - most games that have been out for as long as Ghost Trick see a major price drop by now.

When I played "Ghost Trick" I thought it was very innovative - even for a DS game. I do hope we see more games like this one produced and released.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 01-12-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Adjust sales figure