View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
So you're saying LA Noire is innovative simply because it's new and 'with the times'?

Kinda makes the word 'innovative' rather redundant, doesn't it?
Yes. Did tex murphy pick up objects with his hands and allows hte player to analyse it? Did Tex Murphy had a realtime 3d engine where everything was in High Quality 3D with animated characters that blend animations together smoothly to create cohesion between animation and interaction with the environment? Did Tex Murphy have a basic interrogation system, ultimately effecting how the game/case will play out?

Oh wait, your comparison is completely irrelevant because these two games are completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Yes, Grim Fandango's gameplay was most innovative ever,point &clicks are antiqued,Heavy Rain,Jurassic Park etc. just button mashing.
Actually I can't say HR or JP are button mashing. Everything you press has direct relevance to the actions on scree. More so with HR especially with the Six Axis tech. Button mashing is a term used by people who aren't capable of understanding certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
Every system has unique games to it - Heavy Rain on the PS3, etc. And while I'd love to see some of these unique titles ported to other systems - they themselves sell systems and will stay unique.
I never was upset that a certain game was never ported to another system. That's the point of having more than one system. Its like saying 'Damn I hate Skyrim wasn't an RPG. I wish it was a Puzzle Flight Simulator'. It doesn't make sense. Why aren't people complaining that Phoenix Wright isn't ported to the PC or 360/PS3? Why aren't people complaining about Zelda not being on the 360? Why are people complaining that Gabriel Knight isn't on the Wii/360/PS3?

Its all relative to your bias if you have one. Just leave these unique products for their respective hardware. They were designed for the specific hardware and it will cost them more money and additional design document changes that just aren't worth the effort.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 01-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.