View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #212
Iznogood
The Magnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I personally know that i will post something angry, if neither Grim Fandango nor The Longest Journey is at number 1
They made it to no. 1 and 2, so i can't really complain

Damm i was really looking forward to writing something really angry, but funny at the same time. Perhaps they changed the list at the last minute out of fear of what i would write

Or perhaps its just that their qualities are so obvious, that no one in their right mind would not rank them right at the top.

But seriously - Gabrial Knight 2 at 3. place, whats that about?
I understand many love this one, and I actually like the whole GK series myself, but I have always thought that "the beast within" was the weakest in the series, and i never really felt that FMV in AG worked very well.
(I wont mention Riven at 5. since i know there are many Myst lovers out there, though I'm not amoung them)

More importantly - It seem like TellTale has been grossly overlooked in this list. Is there really no one in the AG Staff that likes TellTale as much as i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
A bit disappointed that the amazing Curse of Monkey Island is ranked so low. And I'm not just saying that because it's my own personal number one...
Murray the demonic skull deserves a lot more!
Agree - Murray is one of the reason Curse of Monkey Island is also one of my personale favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I'm looking forward to the moment when Murray strides through the gates of hell carrying the top-100 list makers' heads on a pike.
That might be overdoing it a bit - Especially since my 2 favorites made no. 1 & 2 on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
When this is all over it would be great to have a poll in which we can all rank our top 20 or so games from the Top 100 list and get a readers' version.
Totally agree - Lets have a readers choice of this.