View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #210
Laukku

Hello, new here. I've been lurking here for many years, but this list made me register and share my opinions here.

The major shock for me was seeing Gabriel Knight 1 on such a "low" place as #16. I fully expected it to be in the top 5, over Broken Sword 1 which is similar but just not as good. It was nice to see GK2 on 3rd place, though I'd switch their places - for me, the first installment had more memorable music, art direction, tense moments and just a plain incredibly strong atmosphere and style. GK2's story was interesting, yes, but the first one was more fun.

Fate of Atlantis is a game that I find somewhat overrated. It has great music and the branching gameplay is a good idea, yes, but I found the story very weak. The relationship between Indy and Sophia was clichéd and predictable, and most of the story consists of solving machine puzzles in various Atlantean ruins. The voice acting in the CD version (what I've seen of it, I played the floppy version) is pretty bad, too; Indy and Sophia sound quite monotonous and many other characters cartoony - Ubermann sounds like a parrot!

I was disappointed to see The Dig as low as #92 - a game that I find is MUCH better than Fate of Atlantis. Even though it has also loads of machine puzzles, it has a much more interesting story and absolutely gorgeous music, even better than FoA's.