View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #7734
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
And here they are... my books, that is. I'll understand if you guys aren't able to buy anything. Check out the samples and let me know if you like what you see? I'd appreciate at least one or two people letting me know they tried reading something of mine.
I'd be more than happy to buy your books (and would almost certainly appreciate reading them) but I don't own an e-book reader and am (barring getting one as a present) unlikely to get one in the near future. I will try to point my e-reader owning friends and family in your direction though.

Any way to get hold of a print copy? I love the cover art, and the concepts all intrigue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I have the same experience with my books Lee. I still have to put the ebook versions of them on the website. I sell my books via Lulu and Amazon but so far only family members and friends bought them. Writing doesn't get you rich. Look for Tjerkstra on Amazon and you'll find my work!
Tjerkstra?

In other news, at 7:00 this morning a gas leak was reported near my house. Having a limited sense of smell, I was unaware of this when I set out for work at 8:00am (I have difficulty smelling all but the strongest odours for various reasons). Said gas leak slowly went on to fill my house with gas. Mrs Urhan smelt a small amount gas before she set out for work but, seeing Southern Gas Network vans nearby, assumed it was in the road and was being dealt with (she checked our appliances before leaving) About 10:00 a check on gas levels within our house registered levels that were starting to prove dangerous. Mrs Urhan had been seen around the house but had not been seen going to work, so fearing she had been overcome by gas, the police kicked my front door open. This has been repaired temporarily but will need replacing. The gas leak in the main line was located and sealed about midday. Gas levels continued to be monitored after that.

It is now getting on for 2:30am UK time. Whilst continuous testing finds no leak in the mains pipe or anywhere in our system, gas is still getting into the air space below our house from somewhere. We are not dealing with explosive levels but, with the source of the leak currently proving impossible to pin down, this could potentially run all night and into tomorrow. Happy Christmas.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree