Thread: Lost Horizon
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #106
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by terhardp View Post
... very straightfoward gameplay, which makes a rather short game seem even shorter. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
- Short
Odd, I thought this game was actually quite lengthy...

Don't really agree with a lot of the cons mentioned in the thread. The errand-running is innate to adventure games, and you have a purpose for every one of them (even if it is farfetched - which game doesn't have these?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymira View Post
I was already a fan of Deep Silver's Secret Files 1 & 2, but after playing this I think I actually enjoyed Lost Horizon much more.

I hope they bring back a sequel, they've made a fan out of me
^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
Because of the subject and looming shadow of Indiana Jones, it is a difficult topic to do in a new way, but i do love the genre so I am hopeful.
Why change a winning team? Indiana Jones is practically the definition of "adventure" (except for that horrible Crystal Skull movie, damn you, Lucas!) and I applaud any game developer (or movie producer for that matter) that goes as close to Indiana Jones as is humanly possible without having George Lucas sue somebody.

Last edited by TimovieMan; 12-19-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Fixed the link to George Lucas suing