View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
thejobloshow

Well, here are my thoughts about the few games I DID finish. I'm not including Portal 2 or Catherine or anything that might only slightly resemble an adventure.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Great game with original mechanics for an old genre like adventure. The story is a complete mind rape and the animation is really fluid for a DS game. I recommend this to everyone here.

L.A. Noire
Great game but problematic. It has some of the best acting and writing you'll see in a video game and part of that has to do with the facial capture animation. It's a damn shame that tech won't become the standard for photo-realistic games. It also sucked that L.A. Noire wasn't as free roaming as Red Dead Redemption. Otherwise a good adventure and play it in black and white.

Tales of Monkey Island
From what I've played I'd say this is easily Telltale's best adventure game to date and a worthy addition to the Monkey Island series. I'm surprised with how dark they went in this game too and they really conveyed that darkness in a very Monkey Island way so it never felt out of place. Good stuff.