View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Siddhi

Default Which games did you finish in 2011?

Post your lists (adventure & non-adventure) and short reviews if you want. Here is mine:

Adventure
  • Emerald City Confidential - Pretty easy, nice story. Fun game, nice to play a game where you dont have to beat your head on a wall. Great game to introduce to first time adventure players
  • Tales of Monkey Island - Loved it. Typical Telltale formula game, but thats not a bad thing in my book. MI humour and good puzzles.
  • Drawn 1 & 2 - First casual adventures that I played & found them both very engrossing
  • Broken Sword 1 [Directors Cut] - First time playing this classic series. BS1 was great. I actually really liked the Nico scenes in the start, which I believe were not there in the original. I've read a lot of complaints about those scenes, but thought it really added to the story.
  • Broken Sword 2 - BS2 was pretty good. Enjoyed the game, but the story was not as well fleshed out as BS1
  • Broken Sword 3 - Decent apart from the crate puzzles Not as good as 1 & 2 though
  • Runaway 1 - Enjoyed it. One frustration was when you solve a puzzle and think you are going to go forward, it blocks you with another puzzle
  • Tex Murphy: Overseer [in the community playthrough] - Super game, still holds up after all these years. More comments in the community playthrough thread

Puzzle
  • Puzzle Bots - Nice game but very short. Wish it was longer. Completed in one sitting
  • The Cat and the Coup - Interesting "documentary" game with a unique art and gameplay style. If you like history, give it a try. Can be completed in 30 mins. Free game.
  • Lume - Nice art style, but very short
  • Nimbus - Awesome puzzle game, with some great level designs. Really loved it.

Semi-adventure??
  • Another World (15th Anniversary Edition) - Short action-adventure game. Very cinematic and just pulls you into the world. Although short, some action sequences are quite hard
  • Limbo - Another short game that I found very cinematic with a unique art style and some interesting puzzles
  • Kings Bounty: The Legend - Excellent adventure-RPG-strategy hybrid. More RPG-strategy I suppose, but a really well made game that takes many hours to complete. Difficult game.