View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Why did it have to be the subject of discussion? Both games relied heavily on adventure game mechanics, nuff said.
I agree completely. But then again, I like playing RPGs as well, just as long as the story's the most important aspect...

Quote:
But I diff find some posts like 'Too much action' or 'Why do I have to drive?'.
Both are skippable if you let your partner drive or if you fail 3 times. But that's preaching to the choir...

Quote:
It isn't potayto or potahto when the potayto is claimed to be a tomato by stubborn gamers with blinders on.

What I'm saying is that new features or old ones that aren't grounded in any genre like 'Multiple Characters', manifest itself in a genre that usually doesn't evolve 'adventure', you will find more people to be up in arms or confused or stubborn about it, and sometimes say 'this ain't no adventure game'. Just sayin.
You have a point there. But if some people refuse to play things like Heavy Rain or L.A. Noire because it's - in their mind - not an adventure game, then it's their loss, imo.

Edit:
And if they're already calling the new game by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer "not an adventure" solely based on the fact that it'll have multiple playable characters, then that's just ignorant, imo.

Last edited by TimovieMan; 12-01-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added last paragraph as a bridge to get back on topic :)