View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
If that were true, then games like Heavy Rain or L.A. Noire or even a visual novel like 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors wouldn't get their own threads in this part of the forum, imo.

While some of those games are described as being more of a 'hybrid' rather than a 'true' adventure game, they are still considered to be adventure games, if you ask me, but YMMV.

In other words: potayto, potahto...
Well you haven't seen many of the posts on those games. There was another Heavy Rain thread about if its an Adventure game or not. I think same for LA Noire, unless that was this thread early on. Why did it have to be the subject of discussion? Both games relied heavily on adventure game mechanics, nuff said. But I diff find some posts like 'Too much action' or 'Why do I have to drive?'. It isn't potayto or potahto when the potayto is claimed to be a tomato by stubborn gamers with blinders on.

What I'm saying is that new features or old ones that aren't grounded in any genre like 'Multiple Characters', manifest itself in a genre that usually doesn't evolve 'adventure', you will find more people to be up in arms or confused or stubborn about it, and sometimes say 'this ain't no adventure game'. Just sayin.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/