View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #61
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Oh come on! Ashamed, you say? I can only echo what so many other posters have said over the years: I envy you that you still have those marvelous adventures to enjoy. I can only replay them and that's not the same thing.
Is it that surprising that I'm ashamed that I've never played some of the biggest and most beloved adventure titles ever, even though I call myself an adventure gamer?

I also call myself a filmfreak and serious movie buff. But there are certain classic films I've never seen, and I really am ashamed to admit that I haven't seen them.

It's a pride thing.

Also, if you leave some amount of time between replays, then the nostalgia-factor can add some enjoyment to it. I've had a blast replaying all those LucasArts games these last two months, and I'm currently loving my replay of Grim Fandango. I'm sure I'll enjoy my Monkey Island replays just as much.

I don't envy people that have yet to discover those games. I'd sooner think they were missing something. Hence I think that I've missed something when I haven't played those games...

A matter of perspective, imo.