View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #51
Annacat
Myst-loving person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Ugh, those are my most-hated games. It said on the cover, "Myst fans rejoice!", so I bought it without looking up reviews/screenshots or anything. I was not rejoicing! All of the backgrounds were just grey, brown, and dull, and I've never been good at mathmatical puzzles. And the story/characters from Myst were much better...hated Rhem.
I didn't like Rhem either, in spite of being in the target group as a Myst fan. I bought it because a review I read said it was like Riven, but... it isn't.

I found the landscape very repetitive and boringly industrial, and the story and characters were so nonexistent that the plot (such as it was) didn't capture my interest or concern. What drew me into the Myst series was a fascination with the landscape and caring about what would happen in the story. None of my favourite aspects of the Myst series were in Rhem, and I didn't enjoy Rhem for its own sake.

I didn't confess that as a sin because the opinion on Rhem seems split anyway, but maybe as a Myst fan I should.