View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #308
Fien
Senior *female* member

Hope you’re willing to answer one or two questions. ArialType is Russian and he filled us in on many details, but there are things only a developer would know. First things first: I enjoyed GAG very much and it was great fun to replay it many years later in this community playthrough, but it’s an extremely obscure adventure. Not many people have heard of it. Why was it released in Holland? When I played GAG the first time (officially bought, box and all) I came across an odd message at random locations in the castle. Big white letters.

This is beta-version
not for sale
if you purchase this copy
please call: [some London number]

Were you planning to release the game on the English market? I’m sure the English version would have been a success on the European and American market and I’m sorry that never came about.

There are several references to other adventures, like Myst, Full Throttle and Phantasmagoria. I always felt the balloon was a Zork joke, but since the game is filled with stuff about flies, flying and planes I may be wrong? Oh, and that hopping countess! Every time she came hopping by I wondered if that had a special meaning.

Does the name GAG stand for anything, except the English word gag? And last but not least, are you still making games or in the gaming business in any way?
Thanks!