View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
harald

I wouldn't call this game horrible exactly, I even bought it after the 1-hour trial expired ($2.99). The FMV is very good, in fact it is great most of the time. I was expecting much worse acting, but I can think of only two scenes where it didn't work out. Unfortunately, they both take place near the end where things are supposed to heat up, but instead mostly come across as awkward.

The game-play is, however, very badly designed. The puzzle difficulty range from very, very easy to... well, rather easy. But the way the game is laid out, with tonnes of pixel-hunting and new hot-spots appearing out of the blue, it is still very frustrating.

About halfway through the game I basically gave up and clicked the hint button as soon as I found myself stuck. And on each and every one of those occasions, it was either a) a ridiculously tiny hot-spot that I had missed, b) a new location had opened up in an obscure place (and the door didn't even have its own hotspot before this) or c) I was supposed to return to a very specific location in the school, having no particular reason to do so. I cannot fathom what the designers were thinking - wasn't this game made by a fairly respected indie developer?

And I haven't even mentioned the layout of the school where the game takes place. It's difficult to navigate, although you can probably get used to it during the three-four hours of gameplay that you're offered. Also, there's an in-game map that you can bring up at the click of a button.

If you're like me and just love FMV, then I can cautiously recommend it. But the game doesn't really have any merit beyond the live action video sequences.

Whoa, I only meant to share some of my thoughts on the game, and end up writing a whole, if non-comprehensive, review. The last paragraph pretty much sums everything up, if you don't feel like reading everything.