View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #9
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Apart from getting Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, and later on, Broken Sword 1 & 2 in the middle of the 90s, I, too, didn't really experience the 'Golden Age of Adventure Games'. I really wish I had.

I shared bedrooms with my brother from 1994 to 2000, and during that time we had our first PC, which was a DOS-based machine with Norton Commander, and then sometime after we had our first Windows computer with Windows 3.1/5 from my dad's sister. The computer stayed in our room, but between my brother, my dad and myself, we had to juggle turns. As a result, there was a bit of falling out if I remember right.

The machine itself wasn't very powerful, because my dad used it/semi-owned it he had this crazy notion that PCs weren't designed for games and was quite strict about what went on it, me and my brother mostly played Megadrive games anyway, we hardly ever visited game shops and weren't clued up on what was great back then, and we never had the money to actually buy games. For those reasons, we were very sheltered and never learnt about the classics.

I wish things were different back then... I'm just glad that I grew up, learnt/researched about these great games we missed, and had the means to buy them.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour