Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #37
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
TimovieMan does! Let's lynch him!
Gaaaah! I've never even played an Elder Scrolls game! I have no opinion, I swear! *whimper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Haven't played Fallout 3 but doesn't VATS simplify combat?
It pauses the game and gives you the option to shoot at a specific body part of one of the opponents and gives you a percentage chance of hitting the target (based on your stats and the distance and size of the part you're aiming at).

It basically takes away the need to aim manually (FPS-style). Probably a good help for console gamers since aiming is a lot easier with a keyboard and mouse than with a gamepad.

Regarding Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim: how difficult is combat? Is there an option to pause before 'assigning' your actions in combat?
Is there a game I can compare this series to?

These games have been on my radar for quite some time now, but I need to be certain I'll have a good chance of liking it, which so far I don't...