View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #47031
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Isn't Belgium actually doing better now that it doesn't have a federal government? Here in Holland we were better off during the formation that took forever before we had our current government, that's for sure.
How dare you call a 150-day formation "forever"???
We're at 520+ days now and still counting. And we broke the world record almost a year ago! Maybe that was the plan all along, because we sure aren't winning anything else...

Anyway, I wouldn't say we're doing better now than with a government. It's just exactly the same. There are simply too many politicians for it to ever change. And the language barrier in the middle of our country doesn't help. The Flemish-speaking part keeps blaming the French-speaking part and vice versa.
That's exactly why I dislike the entire concept of having a separate Flemish and Walloon government. It just pulls both regions further apart. If they'd simply make everything federal again, it wouldn't be as bad. And we'd save billions in politicians fees and administrative costs alone.
Unfortunately far too few see it that way (especially in the Flemish part). Most would prefer breaking up the country, which is just silly and wouldn't benefit anybody...

And meanwhile, all we do is complain, because that's what we're good at...

But hey, at least our government won't be formed with an extremist party in it. *too soon?*
(But I reckon that's part of the problem you guys are facing now? Or am I over-simplifying things?)

And ZOMG! I made a relatively serious post!!! In this thread!!!!
That will surely kill it!